Prior to veterinarian school, he served as a veterinarian’s assistant as his father’s practice in Miami, which was also very renowned in the community. After graduating, Dr. Cabrera took over his father’s practice, which flourished and grew to 5 doctor/24 hour facility. He devoted much of his time to learning new procedures in rigid endoscopy, orthopedics and soft tissue surgery. Later in 2005, the family practice was sold to VCA Animal Hospitals and he ventured into his own mobile surgical practice, CUTTING EDGE SURGICAL.
- Christopher Columbus High School Miami, Florida
- Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Urena Dominican Republic 1992
- Animal Medical Center, Intensive Post Graduate Program New York City
- Purdue University, ECFG Prep Course West Lafayette, Indiana
- Certified as Veterinary Acupuncture and Tui-Na Chi Institute Trained under Dr. Xie